1. Dual frequencies 14.035 Hz +/- .25Hz and 10.0 Hz for class II signals. New learn option mode for Double and Quad flash strobes when using STROBEWATCH.
2. The FIRE STROBE 2000 is 100 percent digital and fully compatible with the OPTICOM priority control emitter.
3. The FIRE STROBE 2000 responds to both the high and low priority outputs of both the OPTICOM and STROBECOM II* emitters and with the unit set in STROBEWATCH mode.
4. For all 911 response vehicles with Preemption Strobe Emitters, and it will respond to both dual and quad flash strobes.
5. For all automatic motorized gates.
6. Sixteen year installed base in all major fire districts in the U.S including OCFA.
7. Installed and serviced by access control dealers nationwide.
8. Made in the USA.
I. BASIC CONCEPT
The FIRE STROBE 2000 signal is received optically by line of sight. The range varies with the ambient light and intensity of the strobe emitter. A typical range varies from 150 feet to 500 feet. The detector will not allow false operation with unwanted signals from radio interference and/or flashing headlights or loud sounds as it is 100 percent digital.
The acquisition time from the emitter light source to the discriminate module is approximately 500ms.
The FIRE STROBE 2000 is widely used for security/electric gate access. It can be used for firehouse garage doors and other related access needed by emergency vehicles. This emergency-vehicle strobe detector provides rapid access to any gated community that has been serviced by fire and emergency equipments from the OPTICOM* Strobe system and now with our new STROBEWATCH feature, it responds to both double and quad flash strobes found on many police and emergency vehicles.
II. INSTALLATION & TESTING
Complete installation instructions are provided with the FIRE STROBE 2000 for simple hook-up of the unit to interface with your gate or access control. Two dry contacts are also provided for bi-directional operation where needed.
The photoeye assembly is typically mounted 8 feet to 10 feet above the street level and is aimed for optimal strobe signal. (A total of (2) photoeye assemblies may be used) A 12 VAC power supply is provided with the FIRE STROBE 2000 system.
Testing can be accomplished with the optional fire strobe transmitter tester. This FIRE STROBE 2000 transmitter will enable a throughput of signals from the photoeye assembly to the relay output. This is a hand-held transmitter which operates via 9-Volt battery.
III. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
1. Frequency 14.035 Hz +/- .25Hz for class II signals. New learn option for double and quad flash strobes.
2. The FIRE STROBE 2000 is fully compatible with the OPTICOM* priority control emitter.
3. Responds to both the high and low priority outputs of both the OPTICOM and STROBECOM II emitters and with the unit set in STROBEWATCH mode it will respond to both dual and quad flash strobes.
4. The strobe acquisition time is programmable from 500ms-2000ms.
5. The nominal field of view ( half power points) is 15 deg off axis (a conical beam pattern).
6. The PC board construction is mounted in the enclosed 8" x 8" x 4" rain-tight NEMA J-Box.
7. The weight is approximately seven pounds.
8. The power requirements are 12/24 Volts AC/DC non-polarity conscious, approximately 1 Watt draw.
The FIRE STROBE 2000 has a one year warranty when used according to the manufacturer's specifications. This warranty does not apply when the FIRE STROBE 2000 has been abused, over voltaged , or altered in any way. The warranty coverage is at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. This unit is to be used only for the operations as described above.*OPTICOM is a trademark of 3M
- Shop Temporarily Closed. Call Us to Order.